If you missed out on snagging Pharrell Williams' Grammys hat, don't beat yourself up. You can be the proud owner of Matthew McConaughey's "Dallas Buyers Club" cowboy hat, the very movie for which he won the Best Actor Oscar last week. The hat is now being auctioned off for $3,000.
Prominently featured cowboy hat worn onscreen by Matthew McConaughey in his award-winning role as Ron Woodroof in ''Dallas Buyers Club''. McConaughey signs underneath the brim of the hat in black marker, ''Just Keep Living, Matthew McConaughey''. Resistol brand hat is made in Texas. Size 7 and 3/8 with a 4-inch brim. With a COA [certificate of authenticity] from Universal Pictures. Near fine condition.
"Dallas Buyers Club" costume designers Kurt and Bart told Entertainment Weekly in February that they "worked with Stetson to get the period look for Matthew’s cowboy hats. The crown of the hats then were much higher than they are today. [We] hand-shaped and tipped the brim -- that came straight from some of the beautiful old rodeo research we did."
This Saturday, March 8, is the 40th anniversary of the day the original "Brady Bunch" left the air. Now there were plenty of spinoffs and TV movies that followed, but there is nothing like the original. In honor of this historic day we have taken the daunting task of ranking the Brady kids from least to most grooviest. Now throw on some bell bottoms and see where your favorite Brady kid landed on the list.
6. Bobby Bobby, while cute and all, was the lamest member of the Brady household (and yes, we're including Tiger). Remember the time he tried to grow taller by hanging from the swingset? Or when he tried to wash his clothes and ended up flooding the laundry room? Ugh. Bobby might have been one of the smallest Bradys but he always seemed to complicate things the most.
5. Cindy The pigtails almost scored Cindy a higher ranking, but competition's tough, and when all the girls have "hair of gold" you gotta have more than a cute 'do to stand out. She had a lisp, loved Kitty Karry-All and the one time she gets her TV spotlight she freezes from stage fright. Also, she was a major tattle tale, which no one likes. Sorry, Cindy, you don't win this potato sack race.
4. Peter Peter Brady is the definition of a middle child, and with no real personality he unfortunately gets lost in the shuffle of all the other Brady kids. One saving grace is that he became pretty dreamy during his teen years though:
3. Greg Obviously the best Brady boy, Greg was the oldest of the kids and therefore got some of the better plots like learning to drive or dating girls. He also plays guitar, and surfs, which came in handy during the family's trip to Hawaii.
Plus he wears some of the grooviest outfits ever seen on '70s TV.
2. Marcia This was a tight race, but in the end Marcia had to be runner-up. While she is the prettiest and has the best hair, it's her obsession over her looks that is ultimately her downfall. She cried when she got braces and there's also the time she took a football in the face. Marcia believes looks count over everything, which is not the Brady way (at least according to Carol and Mike).
1. Jan Jan is clearly the best Brady kid in the household. She may not be the prettiest or the grooviest, but she had the best comebacks, the most sass, and gave a voice to middle children everywhere. Plus she had the best catch phrase ... and that wig!
Days after her on-screen husband John Krasinski welcomed his first child, Jenna Fischer announced she is expecting her second. And on her birthday, March 7, Fischer shared a photo of her growing belly on Twitter from the beach-side location where she celebrated the big 4-0.
Fischer thanked her fans for their warm wishes as she took in the sun's rays in a blue bikini top and white pants.
"I'm almost in my third trimester, so we're in the homestretch already," Fischer told People last week, adding: "I'm taking a good amount of time off right now to be a mom and grow my family, so I'm really just looking forward to getting to do that."